Sharon Winfield is the founder of Bolsita. The idea came from a desire to be creative and share that creativity in a practical way, coupled with the fantasy of having a cellar stacked floor to ceiling with gorgeous fabrics. The name Bolsita, meaning ‘little bag’ in Spanish was inspired by Sharon’s connection with Spain for the last 20 years.
Having spent too many years working for local government, Sharon made Bolsita a permanent boutique in Micklegate, York.
As well as making some of the individual handmade bags herself, Sharon also works with other local artists to provide a wide range of handmade, unique items.
- Barbara Cassell – hat and jewellery maker, Harrogate
- Vanessa Plews – Felt artist, Robin Hoods Bay, Whitby
- Kookie Designs – Felt artist ,York
- Lucy Antwis – Textile artist, York
- Christine Pike – Creative textile artist, Harrogate
- Portcullis Jewels – fine silver jewellery maker, York
- Crazy Herbs – maker of novelty items, including the ever popular sock monkey!
Sharon presents a regular audio diary on BBC Radio York, charting the fortunes of Bolsita and the local business world.
Sharon is also part of York based duo, TWO, famous for supporting Fairport Convention, appearing at Wychwood and Greenbelt festivals to name some of their more high profile gigs! www.twomusic.co.uk